Do Gerbera Daisies have a smell? Funny that I don't know this and they are my favorite flower. I will for sure have a bunch of daisies in my hand. I will wear an off white, form fitting gown, because, after all, it's my imagination and I am totally thin! Of course on a beach, or near a beach at least. Tiny white sparkly lights and all sorts of soft colored candles. And the background music, for starters is this little wonderful tune. It will play as I walk hand in hand with my future hubby as we just said our "honey'weds." ....
you might have heard from a little movie called True Romance ...
Many, many, many wondering moments of "should I, will I blog?" was never followed by what to write or what to call my blog. Once I decided to just do it and if I suck at it, who cares, when deep down I do care ... anyhoo, once that decision was made to go for it ... the name just kind of popped out there. All my life, well, at least as far back as my teen years, I have always been TRYING to improve on something. Sometimes I win, most the time I push it off for Future Desiree (you'll hear about Future Des quite a bit on this blog) .. but I usually always have some "plan" to better me, to make me happier. So, Truly Trying to finally get it right. Get what right? Who knows? But I will truly try to do it ...
Miss me? I hope to finally be done with this on-again-off-again love affair of blogging. I don't know what's my deal. When I find the time I read so many other blogs and the craftiness of others blogs puts my little Truly-Trying page to shame. Lately I feel the cobwebs of my creativity nestled all throughout my brain. I am trying to dust them out of there, asking my big brain to please do some head-cleaning and wake the flip up and start thinking!
So, I am ending my weekend, gearing up for my Monday, yay for tomorrow. I want to share a little thought I had from the other day at work. Who do you buy your shoes for? Seriously weird question, right? In the break room last week I complimented a co-worker's darling shoes. She says to me, "Thank you! You're like the tenth person today to notice. Just waiting for my boyfriend to notice them." At first I thought she meant maybe the man might notice the price tag or the bill of these hot-rod shoes, but after a little more conversation I understood she bought those shoes in hopes the man would love them. My thought: "HUH?" Yes, I have a good man, he compliments me and does all sorts of nice, romantic stuff, but I don't think he ever complimented my shoes. He could probably care less if I am wearing a rockin' dress with tennis shoes or 6-inch-heels. So, my lady friends, I ask, for the love of shoes, who do you buy them for?
I think deep down we buy them for the compliments of our fellow ladies. If I happen to be at our local coffee shop and see you cruisin' through the door strutting in some majorly cute feet covers, I am so going to give you a shout out and tell you how cute your shoes are, or your purse or your shirt ... you get the idea. But I wonder, how many men will do the same?
day 1- recent picture and 15 interesting facts about yourself
recent picture - nothing fancy and kinda boring. I don't get myself much in front of the blasted camera, it's so much funner behind the awesome camera!
So - me, that's me, and recent, yes.
I tried this type of blog challenge once, was kinda of lame, maybe it was just me and my lack of time and words. So here we, I, go again. Also, borrowed this nifty, 30 day challenge from Eva ... check out her blog, it's cute, sassy, totally original and the girl can write. Nah, I'm not jealous.
Now on to 15 facts (see how I held the interesting out) about me
First words ... First Serve
1. I am second generation - Mom's (or should I say, Mum's) side is from Scotland. Nana born and raised in Endinburgh and ventured her way to the states late teen years. Clan is highly into our background, almost silliness, actually. Every wedding and family event has to have the bagpipes out and scotch whisky and haggis (no, haven't tried) and highland dancers, daughter is one, and tartan and ghillie brogues and Scottish eggs, it's rather frightening to some, did Braveheart make a sequel and cast my entire clan?
2. I love quotes and sayings and would love to come up with something of my own that could be documented as a word of wisdom ... wishful thinking leads to drinking? See, no good ...
3. I am horribly shy. If you met me you would agree, if you knew me you would ask where did that quiet lady go and who are you, you crazy, loud person?
4. My walls are filled with my kids art. Paintings, drawings, some have cotton ball clouds. Some are framed and the rest will be, soon enough.
5. I love to plan. Plan parties. Plan make-believe weddings (no one trusts me enough for that one, yet) Plan baby showers and engagement parties and wedding anniversary parties.
6. I love soggy Oreo cookies. My little cousin actually DROPS her Oreo in her milk and drinks her milk with the Oreo. How did I never think of that?
7. I am terrified to death of snakes. I have tried to beat this phobia. Even held a big, gigantic, yellow one and cringed the entire time. More afraid.
8. I love cheese. Everything tastes better with cheese. And salt is a close second. And red vines, but not everything tastes better with red vines.
9. I have splattered plums all over my parents ceiling, television and family, while watching cartoons.
10. I adore Frank Sinatra, recently fell for Mumford and Sons and Bruno Mars and will always have an infatuation with Madonna
11. I am obsessed with losing weight but can't seem to wrap my head around the "doing it" part
12. Love board games ... think I might begin collecting them and I love photography, think I might take a class
13. I have changed my career path 7 times in the past 10 years, still not 100% sure what I want to be when i grow up but should be narrowing it down, soon, maybe
14. I rely too much on Future Desiree
15. I would love to write a novel. About what? No idea. How to start? No idea. What to say? No idea. You get the idea
30 Days of Blogging day 1- recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
day 2- the meaning behind your blog name
day 3- a picture of you as a child
day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
day 5- a picture of somewhere you've been
day 6- favorite super hero and why
day 7- a picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you*
day 8- short term goals for this month and why
day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days
day 10- songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad
day 11- write a bucket list of things you want to do before you die
day 12- write a poem to someone you love
day 13- your 5 favorite books and why
day 14- a picture of you and your family
day 15- put your ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play
day 16- a picture of yourself
day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
day 18- plans/dreams/goals you have
day 19- write about a sweet memory from your past
day 20- write a letter to someone
day 21-a picture of something that makes you happy day 22- what makes you different from everyone else day 23- something you crave a lot day 24- post your favorite quote or verse of scripture and why day 25- what I would find in your bag day 26- list 10 things that you are thankful for day 27- my day job verses my passion day 28- cruise a thesaurus and pick out 10 words you like the sound of day 29 - favorite tv shows and why you like them day 30 - movies you can watch again and again.